Thursday, February 5, 2015

Updating the (main) blog

Yup! I updated the main blog. And when I say main, I meant the ateliernishasha blog, for as you can see, this is actually another blog that I started years ago. Supposedly, this blog is for documenting my one year / 53 weeks of journey to becoming the brave person that I want to be. And when I say brave, I meant artist. But, due to my chronic stubbornness and lack of time (to make time), I deserted this. But definitely not the goal, no no. In fact, I am now living the goal that I once set myself to a couple of years back. So please excuse me for a sec, and let me pat my own back. :P

New pages, anyone?
Then you would ask, why not just make another page from the main blog for this Behind the scenes page? Well, two things. Firstly, I realized that I have A LOT of other things to say (and do) that might not fit into the main blog, which I now dedicate only to all things miniature. From doll stuff, to doll fashions, dioramas and any art I make for the love of miniatures, I dump into that page. While other arts that I do, like life (which is pretty much a behind-the-scene kinda thing), I dump in here. Oh, and wait, I also like to sketch and paint.. so I resuscitated my OTHER art blog, artofshasha, back to life and used it as the Paper Affair page here. But more on that later, 'cause those two are not the only blogs I launched for the past 5 years or so. I know. Just a whole LOT.

Secondly, I don't want to just forget about and throw away some of the notes I have written on these blogs. Some notes really surprised me. It's not that I was drunk when I was writing them, but I sure was seizing some kind of moment that may be fleeting. And reading about all those thoughts was a wonderful surprise. I love that feeling.

So yeah, two things - logical and emotional - I just realized.

Now, what's in it for you who probably was just browsing for my latest miniature stuff ? Well, lots of awesome things are in store for you here actually. This is where the party is happening... Ssshhhh... Hahaha! Seriously, this is probably that part of my blog which is the most exciting! Well, I don't know about you but I'm a bit of a chatty girl so I created a place where I can chatter (in between designing and sewing, among other things) my back pain away. Yey!

Truly seriously though, some of the things that you can expect in this part of the room are the following:

1. artworks I'm currently braving odds on
2. who and what inspires me as of the moment
3. tips and tutorials (yay!)
4. new ideas and life hacks (double yay, I guess?)
5. reflections (I won't be mushy, I swear... Okay, I'll try harder.)
5. personal stuff, maybe (stuff I'm into as of the moment that may not have artworks as products, but are really important to becoming and keeping that brave person (aka artist) in me.

So there you go... And you can probably see updates from this part more often so I hope you stick around!

Hugs,
shasha

No comments:

Post a Comment