Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Illustration for atelierniSHASHA contest

I made it one of my goals this year to be more generous in every way I can. And one venue where I thought I can make this happen is by having a contest every time I release a new creation. The first item I made this year is the Graphic Cropped Top, which I think is something I am really proud about because of its versatility. Any doll can look great in it when paired with the right bottom piece.

In the first ever contest, I had a design challenge wherein I asked each of those who wanted to join to think an ensemble with this top in mind. It was fun visualizing and fleshing out their designs, at least in my watercolors. Vandro won as he carved out what was missing in the picture - and that is to add punch a classic ensemble.



I used 4H pencil and mainly watercolors to paint. You can probably tell that I was trying to cover the (messed up) hands of the winning ensemble hahaha!

I was happy to have reunited again with my passion for illustration. This is my first love and I believe I will be painting forever. I just need to do it often to be better! LOL! Maybe on top of Wednesday, I can add in a few hours during weekends for it. We'll see.

Staedler 4H pencil and Cotman watercolors are used here, on a watercolor paper that I couldn't remember where I got from but it is at least 140lbs.

Til next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment