Friday, November 8, 2013

New fashion illustrations and some lessons...

I've enjoyed doing this "Let's Rock This" drawing last night, with my colored pencils on my bed, and learned a few things:

1. I like that I left out the background colorless, giving the focus to the muse.

2. I noticed that one of the best ways to spot 'weak' links in the drawing is to take a photo of it and note, then get back to polishing. Will do this next time!

3. Watercolor pencils don't lay nice on grainy watercolor paper. Too grainy for my taste, and...

4. Remind myself to not push the under drawing pencils too much.

Materials: faber-castell watercolor pencils, staedler graphites, pilot g-tec black 0.3 pen, dong-a metallic pens, berkeley watercolor sketchpad for the "let's rock this" sketch, cattleya regular sketchpad for the "work it" sketch.

This drawing below was inspired from a pretty cool photo from the awesome 
The Sartorialist fashion blog. I incorporated my latest design and Voila!

Let's rock this.

Let's rock this - details

Let's rock this - details

Work it

Work it - details

No comments:

Post a Comment