Sunday, March 24, 2013

Week 3 - Figure Drawing - Male

and so this week, i sketched some men. some rather looking dandy, others Thor-ish, others regular (er, regular models, that is). in my first page below, i have sketched a female figure to kind of place a reference to, and voila - my first attempt (next to the girl) looked like a 14-year old, effeminate boy, or little teenage tan Powder. i just love that powder movie; i'd probably watch it one of these days... oh, well...


looking at my first page, it became very clear that i need to research more on drawing the knees, among others. those-too-large-for-their-legs knees are just too prominent from this angle.

and then i think i did improve on this next page...


.. a lot of Powder guys, there...

my third page consists of heads. a relief from all those big bad men..



then more practice on whole bodies again..


and i found my favorite in that fourth page, and then some..







and another favorite... i like his tan.



for this week, i used my good old winsor and newton cotmans for the skintone and clothing base, faber castell watercolor pencils for skin midtones and clothing, my pilot g-tec 0.4 fine pens for the facial features, some gel pens, and my good old staedler pencils of which some had been sitting patiently in my art box for at least 5 years. my watercolor pad is a berkeley 180gsm 24-sheet one. it is cheap and perfect for my practice. i've kept my canson one for the coming collections.



that's it. next week will be FACES and HAIR. hmmm, i ought to edit my collected vogue pages already.
bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment